It’s not a plant, but it’s what plants need to live. And so do we.
Our bodies are made up of 50-65% of it.
70% of the earth’s surface is covered with it.
There is rain, snow, steam and there are oceans, lakes, streams.
It’s all over the place and most of us don’t drink nearly enough of it.
It’s a powerhouse and has zero, count-em, zero, calories.
What could be better than that?
Have a headache? Drink more water.
Want clearer skin? Drink more water.
Want to flush toxins out of your body? Drink more water.
I could go on. But I won’t.
Instead, I’m going to give you a few tips on how to incorporate more water in your life.
1. Upon awakening, pour yourself a big glass of water. Add some lemon to it. Lemon helps detoxify along with water. It’s a great way to start your day, giving your body a gift like that. It also helps hydrate you if you exercise in the morning.
2. Drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water—or other fluids—a day. But I vote for the water. If me saying “fluids” here makes you think that a glass of sugary soda counts, you just made a bad extrapolation.
3. It’s probably a good idea to invest in a good water filter. I don’t have any particular recommendations. We have one built into our refrigerator. I’ve given my kids living in the city zero-water pitchers.
4. If you don’t like the taste of water (I love the taste of water, which I realize makes getting enough waaaaaayyyyyy easier) you can dress it up. Add some fruit. Add a splash of fruit juice (try cranberry juice). I love adding mint, bruising the leaves first (just twist them a bit with your hands) to release more flavor. Or drink unsweetened iced tea. Green tea is particularly good for you.
5. To make it easier to count those glasses, get a big container and fill it up with the recommended 64+ ounces. Then fill up your glass from it during the day. You could also make tick marks on a piece of paper. You’ll figure it out.
I know what you are a thinking and, yes, you will need to visit the bathroom more often than usual. No worries, just think of all the toxins flowing out of you. Bye, bye poison!
Now, go into the kitchen, and pour yourself a big glass of cool, clear, water. Your body will be really happy.
And so will I.
Leave a Reply